seblelionnais |
50 days agoHello,
Would it be possible to automate the process – based on the D1 model – of adding all the champion teams from each division to the honours list?
As was the case in the past, and it’s always nice to see the former teams we used to play for.
It would save the moderators some work!
Thanks in advance
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
kiki-sainté |
50 days agoIt’s been a long time coming – D1, D2, D3, D4, D5 – everyone deserves a place in the honours list that they’ve earned throughout the season.
I’ll never understand why it’s D1 and not the others.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
Tazz26 |
50 days agoObviously, I’m all for it – whether it’s in Division 1 or any other division, winning the title is down to a team effort and deserves to be honoured with an entry in the honours list.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
aymeric45 |
50 days agoInclusion in the Hall of Fame will remain restricted to Division 1 teams, in order to preserve the rarity of the Hall of Fame entries in the game.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
Lebaygue |
50 days agoThere could be a colour-coding system for the honours lists… gold for Division 1, silver for Division 2, and bronze for Division 3.
This would enhance the visual appeal of the honours lists whilst keeping everyone happy.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
minadinho |
50 days ago2 more replies
OMstar83 |
50 days agoIn that case, shouldn’t we remove those who have had it in the past, for the sake of fairness? It’s either everyone or no one.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
Kevlor |
50 days agoI tend to agree with that line of thinking 🙂
Shouldn’t this rule also apply to the honours lists for the individual championship? I’ve always been surprised that the honours module doesn’t distinguish between the top-tier championship title and those of the lower divisions. That’s not to take anything away from the great achievements in the lower divisions, but for me they can’t be put on an equal footing in a trophy history. Just a thought (which won’t go down well with some people 🤣)
Wishing you all a great season ahead 🙂
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
minadinho |
50 days agoIt’s a shame – some lower-division matches are far more deserving of a place in the play-offs than the D1 winner.
We know whoever’s in the lead will be champions. It’s a 50-50 chance.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
Magpie |
50 days agoThat doesn’t take anything away from the merit, though, come on…
Yet another far-fetched argument
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
minadinho |
50 days agoDid I say that takes away the credit? Every time I post something, am I going to get a reply (or a veiled attack) from a cp? I see I am, and will remain, your idol.
Sorry, but from my point of view, it’s harder to get promoted from D2 to D1 with an average squad – given that the biggest squads in the top flight are in D2 – than it is to win the title with 99 NG players and a squad formed from a merger. 😘
Sorry, you’ve picked the wrong person – I’ve been through every stage with the FYM (Frenad, Yannick, Minadinho), which wasn’t the result of any merger at the start 😉
Right then, I’ll leave you to have a go at me – I know you lot love that 😘
A lunar reply 😀
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
4 more replies
Magpie |
50 days agoOh no, thank goodness we don’t post a reply after every single one of your comments.
But it only takes one for you to get going and the drama to start.
Just think, it’s a real treat every time – a little smile first thing in the morning.
Anyway, once you’ve calmed down, you’ll realise that you actually said there was far more merit in winning the D2 than the D1.
Which is completely off the wall, I’ll say it again. But I’m not surprised. I won’t be getting any deeper into your world, certainly not.
Be that as it may, this shouldn’t obscure the fact that winning Division 2 is still a tough ask. The standard is still high, after all. So, once again, huge congratulations to the winners.
But to go so far as to claim that there’s more merit in winning Division 2 than Division 1… BrEEEEEEEEfffff
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
minadinho |
50 days agoYes, I did say that, as things stand, promotion to Division 2 is more deserved than a Division 1 finish.
You only have to look at the league table each season.
But I’m certainly not saying you deserve no credit! You’re not going to lecture me on how to run a club and the work that goes into it…
So staying at the top for so long is worth mentioning too (still need to prove your worth, I see ^^)
Explain to me why you’re telling me to back off? That wasn’t the point of my message at all.
It’s getting tiresome to think you’re the centre of the VF and to believe that every position is for you or your club.
Anyway, it’s a shame for the other divisions, in any case.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
Magpie |
50 days agoOh, so you hadn’t even realised you were talking about CP or LR in your post? It just gets better and better. If I can help you, I’d be happy to.
Anyway, I’d rather not go into the rest – there’s so much to get to grips with there, we could be discussing it for hours. And that would probably lead us to the same imaginary place.
For the sake of the project, let’s leave it at that; it’s probably for the best.
That said, Lebaygue’s suggestion isn’t half bad, actually.
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
minadinho |
50 days agoBut I specifically mentioned ‘you’ and ‘them’ because you only need to look at the last 10 seasons to realise that you’ve swept the board…
Hard to understand? You’re not the centre of the universe, yet again (try to get that into your head – it’s becoming both funny and unbearable)
If the title were to change hands every season or from time to time, my reasoning would be different.
I wouldn’t have made that point right now otherwise (yes, you need to read everything, not just between the lines).
Anyway, I won’t be replying to you any more; soon you won’t be able to fit into your trainers or flip-flops – depending on the region – because your ankles are swelling so much. And that’s not about to change, unlike the league table.
Have a good day
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
kiki-sainté |
50 days agoIt doesn’t make sense in real life – for those who win the District Division 1, it’s noted as ‘Aymeric’; we’re not asking for a bonus, just a line on the honours list
In real life, Ligue 2 clubs get a line on the honours list; it’s even noted on a player’s record that they were Ligue 2 champions in 2000 with Saint-Étienne, for example.
I don’t understand why this is reserved exclusively for Division 1 – are the other leagues useless then???
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
Magpie |
50 days agoI don’t see how I’m talking about myself. You’re bringing up CP and LR and saying things that are completely untrue.
If there’d been a deal where one side won by a 100-point margin, OK.
But here, it’s a top-class contest. And it’s not just the two of us. There’s always a third or fourth team lying in wait. LV have had some great seasons too. Cercle as well.
So there’s merit in D1 too. And it’s not about being cocky enough to correct what you’re saying or to argue with you. Sorry that it bothers you so much.
I’m simply putting things into perspective.
But let me make it clear: there’s certainly some merit to be found elsewhere too (D2, D3, etc.). But to say there’s more… well… Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion, that’s true.
I’ll spare you the long-winded rant about personal judgements. I could have some about you and your background. But there’d be no point in that here. So I’ll leave you free to say whatever you like! As for me, I prefer to keep quiet – it’s better that way! :)
This message has been translated. (FR) Original message