soso76 |

3 months ago

Hello
I’m competing in the Legends Cup. My next match is on 4 July, originally scheduled for 8 pm.
My upcoming opponent, Lorenzo861, asked me via private message to change the time; I politely declined, as the time suited me perfectly.
However, I’ve just noticed this morning that the match is now scheduled for 10.00 am on the same day (tomorrow).
As a result, I’ve got the unpleasant feeling that I’ve been had. Either there’s been a bug, and some awkward administration, or my opponent has ignored my reply and has superpowers.
So, simple questions: what’s happened?
Would it be possible to respect my decision and reschedule the match for 8 pm?
Kind regards… or something.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

Magpie |

3 months ago

Are you sure you declined via the request in a private message (the message with the blue ‘Accept/Decline’ button)?
If you don’t do this, the requester can override the decision 24 hours after the request.
So if you didn’t decline via the system, they may have forced the decision.
On the other hand, if you told them ‘no’ in a simple message, but they forced the decision despite your verbal refusal, well… you’ll have to take it up with them.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

lorenzo861 |

3 months ago

You’re right, Magpie.

It’s true, I did receive a verbal refusal, though it wasn’t formalised via the system. I accepted that refusal when Soso asked me to change the timetable again.

So why did I go ahead and confirm it anyway when it was my turn? Until proven otherwise, everyone plays for their OWN enjoyment! And not to sacrifice my own enjoyment of the game for the sake of others...

No more, no less. These 8 pm match times don’t suit me, and I hate not being able to follow my matches properly. Just a quick check-in here and there. It makes you want to give up.

It’s happened to me twice this week and cost me elimination from the Champions League and, luckily, a place in the Legends Cup. The match director was kind to me, though.

When my opponents decline via the tool, that’s just the way it is – that’s the game. I’ll never win a Champions League or VFFA-style cup for that reason. When I do win, it’s a fluke.

What I regret at the moment is that the subscription option is only for choosing your league fixtures. Which I’m happy to use. This should also be extended to cup matches. Because at the moment, only a small number of people get the chance to play the cups to the full because they’re at 8 pm… and that’s a real shame.

I’m sorry for you, Soso, but I prioritise my own enjoyment of the game over yours. I think you’ll understand. And indeed, you won’t forget to confirm your refusal next time. You’re putting your A team up against me… that’s perfect. Because I wouldn’t be able to field mine. I’d rather lose whilst being there with my B team than be absent with my A team. Just for the pleasure of playing. Otherwise, we might as well give it up……which many have already done (it’s not just the mdm that puts people off).

The only advantage if you win is that your A will also be available the next day at 8 pm. A win-win situation if it turns out that way.

All the best


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
lorenzo861 C'est toi qui a raison Magpie. En effet, j ai bien reçu un refus verbal mais non officialisé via l'outil. Refus que j'ai acté de mon côté quand soso m a demand…

estac |

3 months ago

It’s a shame to ask for their consent and then impose your choice on them despite their refusal.

This feature (the ability to force acceptance after 24 hours without a response) should either be removed or explained more clearly. A short message along the lines of: ‘If you do not respond to the request, it may be accepted by your opponent.’


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message
estac C'est dommage de lui demander son consentement et de lui imposer ton choix malgré son refus. Il faudrait que cette fonctionnalité (de pouvoir forcer après 24h …

lorenzo861 |

3 months ago

You reckon I should have held back on enjoying myself just to please my opponent... well, actually, no.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

soso76 |

3 months ago

Good point, I messed up on that one. He really pushed hard. So I’m going to field my first-choice eleven, without rotating the squad – too bad for him.
Thanks for the reply 😉


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

Marcus Aurelius |

3 months ago

‘Force’ isn’t quite the right word; it’s just that if you don’t decline by clicking ‘Decline’, the way this in-game option works means the request remains active for up to 24 hours, and is accepted by default once that time has elapsed.
As far as I can remember (though this needs confirming), everything is explained when you receive it.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

Magpie |

3 months ago

No, that’s not true.
After 24 hours, you have the option to force it – literally.
There’s a choice: a button to click. It doesn’t happen automatically.
If you don’t do it, the match simply isn’t rescheduled.
And nothing is explained when you receive the request. You just have a button.

So in this case, according to soso, he said no in a private message, but something happened afterwards.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

Marcus Aurelius |

3 months ago

For a while, it was accepted as a matter of course – that’s why.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

soso76 |

3 months ago

You really went over the top – you said it all. Classy! (No, I’m being ironic there – actually, you’re anything but classy).
Have a good match anyway.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

soso76 |

3 months ago

Class, panache and sportiness.


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

lorenzo861 |

3 months ago

I won’t get into a debate on the subject.

I play VF for my own enjoyment. Full stop! If that doesn’t suit you, that’s your problem. You were absolutely insistent on 8 pm to suit your own schedule, without taking mine into account. As for fair play and sportsmanship, we’ll have to think again.

I’d be happy to play a cup tie. I don’t care whether I win or lose.

I fully accept that I’m being selfish and putting myself first before the enjoyment of someone who’s a complete stranger to me. And as you’d have done the same, I have no qualms about it.

On that note, please close this thread before things get out of hand.

Have a good evening


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

Socrate |

3 months ago

No bug
I'm closing this


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message

bluethunders26 |

3 months ago

Official response at the top regarding matches to be rescheduled in the store

image


This message has been translated. (FR) Original message